Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Beautiful Supportive Folks

Sep 4, 2009 07:26 pmNeece wrote:
Toni - try www.headcovers.com for more caps hats and lovely wraps. I have ordered a few from them and they are very prompt with delivery.
My first treatment date looms closer - next Wednesday the 10th - so I am feeling more nervous now. It is wonderful to read all the posts from women with such detail about their treatment experiences. I find it really helpful to have some sort of picture in my mind of what to expect.
A friend of mine who has recently gone thru chemo suggested doing a 'chemo ritual' before each treatment - something fun or special just for you - my hubby and I are hoping to go to the movies the night before (something I love to do) . In this way the dreaded date might become a little less of a dark spot on the calendar, I hope.
Must tell you about the generosity of people - my son last week held his 21st birthday party and because I was in no state to do much (actually, anything!) having had my mastectomy just 3 weeks earlier, and my husband is flat out trying to get work done that was neglected while i was on hospital, his girlfriend's family just stepped in and organised the lot of us!Marquee for the backyard, BBQ's , cooked the food, organised the cake... wow. What a wonderful bunch of people. Just goes to show there are some beautiful supportive folks in the world and having bc means you get to know that in very real ways.
Its Sat morning here, a beautiful spring morning in Australia, so am enjoying the sunshine, spring blossoms, birds and gentle breeze. Love and warm hugs to all my Sept sister.
Neece

No comments:

Post a Comment

BKG