Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pre Chemo SE's the jitters of the 1st one....

RonnieKay wrote:
I am sitting here crying...you ALL share my inner, and outer thoughts.  Can you believe something so awful can bring out such loving help for each other!!  I have to say that I laughed over pre-chemo SEs!  I was going through exactly the same thing!!  Vickilynn...you have been in my thoughts and prayers ALL DAY today, as well as with my family, who has come to know all of you quite well!  I'll be in your chair tomorrow a.m....doing the tc w/herceptin.  They told me at the get go it would be 7:30 - 2:30..taking into account the blood test, xray, and then chemo.  Thank goodness there is room for visitors..it makes me sad there was none for you Vickilynn, although seriously, I would probably choose to just nap (while hubby will listen to ipod or read).  I did get a wig through my treatment center (although it needs to be styled) but I went to a wig shop and tried on about 15 styles (with my 33 yr. old daughter). I put one on that seriously looked exactly like my hairstyle (before the chemo cut!).  They were about $250 and my insurance will cover it (they think).  However, I looked on the website of the wig company and that particular one was $80!!  It wouldn't need to be styled.  I may get it just to have on hand. I've never worn anything on my head (and I live in Seattle..rain doesn't bother me!), so I'm a bit uncomfortable with anything covering my head...aside from hair, that is!  You all sound so adventuresome with hats (my daughter got me the same newsboy hat from Target!), and scarves that I just may do it!  Anyway...my love and support to all of you...even from afar.  I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.  My dr. didn't think I'd need a port...I started getting really nervous about not having it...so tomorrow is all in the veins, but next week on herceptin day, they will put a port in.  I'll then have a week to heal before the next infusion.  SO MUCH TO LEARN :)  LOVE TO ALL & SWEET DREAMS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BKG