Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Within a few days a few more brave women join in

 VickiLyn began her first comment as "Welcome September Sisters!"....She welcomed each and everyone of us as a sister....can you imagine the huge heart she has to bring us in and wrap her arms around us, while living with with her own concerns and fears?
 Denver Diva, Neece, BarbAnne41, Positiveme, vlday, GmaToni and  Amyooo all joined in the first week in September....So much to discuss, fear of port placements and chemo side effects, losing our hair, many have already had surgeries and dealing with the issues of that as well. Many have children and money worries too. Still a huge amount of strength and laughter emerge...

DenverDiva wrote:

Okay Vicki, your right I am laughing!  I am glad your port placement went well, and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.  I am so glad you have a trusted person to leave your school to.  I am  the assistant director of an early childhood education program for homeless and low income kids, and I know how hard it is to trust someone with your kiddos.  I have a lot of time available, but I just took 6 weeks off for surgery, and I have no one I can trust to do my job so I am going to try and tough it out and work through as much as possible.  I am going to look at wigs from ACS, and try to use those when there isn't another option.  I am not a wig girl, but I have the same concern about not wanting to freak the kids out.  I don't know I guess I will figure it out as I go.
I had a call today and they changed my start date to the 10th, so I won't be having my own personal 9/11.  My husband can't go with me that day and he is really bummed.  I have a good friend going though, and it will be fine.  I also found out that my insurance has a 20% deductible that I wasn't aware of, YIKES!
Vickilynn- I hope all is well with you, you were in my thoughts all day today!
BarbAnne- Thank you for the connection to franceluxe.  Oh my goodness, what a nice company!  I spoke to the lady, who I assume is the founder, and she was so sweet.  I actually cried on the phone with her, (blush).  It was just so nice to have somebody who doesn't even know me want to be nice and help take care of me in such a personal way.  I picked a head wrap that I think is lovely, and it was really the highlight of what otherwise could have been a crappy day.
All right my September Sisters, I hope you are all well, and I will look forward to hearing from you soon.
Love,
 Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

BKG