Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The cost of Cancer.....

Sep 3, 2009 09:48 pmDenverDiva wrote:
All of my dear September Sisters, I appreciate you so much.  I don't have any real sisters, so having all of you is like a silver lining in this whole mess.
Toni, I hear you about the costs.  I got a call yesterday to tell me that my deductible for chemo is 20%.  Each treatment costs almost $4500.00.  I nearly passed out.  The only good thing is that the deductible has a maximum of $2000.00 per year, and I will finish in December, so it won't start over next year.  I know I shouldn't complain, at least I have insurance that will take care of most of my treatments.  It just comes as a shock.  My oldest daughter just started college, and my younger daughter is in her senior year of high school.  We are doing senior pictures, and ordering the cap and gown and announcements as well as applying to colleges.  You all know how that goes.  My son is just 13, but he has his needs too.  This just wasn't planned and budgeted for.  Like anyone would plan to have cancer!  I would rather be spending the money on my kids.  It would really help buy my college girl a car, or help towards all of the other expenses.
Okay, okay, thanks for listening to my whinny rant.  I appreciate it.
Now let me just say, you are all in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope you all have a restful night and a beautiful tomorrow.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

BKG