Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The taste of food....

Sep 3, 2009 03:19 pmvickilynn wrote:
Dear Sisters,
Yesterday (day after chemo) went pretty well... I took all the suggested meds, ate small meals, got my Neulasta shot (bee sting in the arm) and drank lots of fluids.  This morning was a little different.  I took one bite of my usual unflavored, unsweetened applesauce and couldn't spit it out fast enough!!!  you know how they tell you the taste of food may change??? Well it sure did this morning!  So breakfast was gingerale and graham crackers for me.  It worked.  I'm a bit achey today - probably from the neulasta (which makes your bones produce more white cells) but I am upright and glad to be reading all about all of you.
I found scarves at Target and a friend brought me some in a Victoria Secret bag but I don't know if she got them there.  Online there are some GREAT sites.  I did contact the Francelux one yesterday  - www.tzinius is a good one too.  Plus they show you how to tie them.
Not looking forward to losing my hair, but it's less stressful when you're prepared I think... play around with the scarves and hats... My husband really likes the looks of the silky scarves and so do I.  Find a friend who is good with scarves and have them help you  : )
Back to bed for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BKG